Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cutting dense hair short?

I have fine but very dense curly hair.



I want to cut it short but I am worried it will turn into an afro.



I have alot of styling products and I am pretty dedicated to my hair. I want to cut it short so that it brings out the curl, but also if I wanted to straighten it, it will have texture.



Kind of like this:



http://halleberry.celebden.com/wp-conten...



Will using a razor on my hair work?



Cutting dense hair short?

Your best bet would be to get a razor cut. Blunt cuts tend to make curly hair "afro" out.



Cutting dense hair short?

Razoring would be what I'd suggest but scissors in the right hands could accomplish sort of the same thing. If you watch Nick Arrojo on ~What Not To Wear~, he has a wonderful technique of zig-zagging the hair with shears but not evey stylist is capable of that. You need to taper the ends to get the look you want and you're going to have to be very vigilant with quality products to keep it soft and shiny but under control. With a good cut, styling should not be difficult at all. And don't try cutting it YOURSELF! Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mileage rate